Assembly District Meetings
The Biennial meeting to elect Assembly District Delegates and E-Board representatives is being held on Saturday, January 12, 2013 or Sunday, January 13, 2013. Learn how you can run.
Why be a Delegate?
- Attend annual convention
- Network with other Democrats
- Represent your constituency
- Elect Party officers
- Promote the California Democratic Party agenda
- Endorse candidates for statewide, legislative and congressional office
- Vote to endorse resolutions and ballot measures
Reorganization of the Democratic State Central Committee (DSCC) begins at the end of 2012 and goes through February 7, 2013. Members of the DSCC (also known as “Delegates”) come from the following sources:
- Elected through County Committees
- Appointed by Democratic Elected Officials / Nominees
- Elected through Assembly District
The Assembly District Delegates (ADDs) and Assembly District Executive Board representatives (“EBd Reps”) are elected at Assembly District Election Meetings (ADEMs) held in each of the 80 Assembly Districts. The California Democratic Party is convening ADEMs on January 12 and 13, 2013, where 12 people (6 men / 6 women) from each Assembly District will be elected to represent their district for both the 2013 and 2014 State Conventions.
The deadline to file is 5pm Friday December 14th.APPLY